Teeth Whitening Treatment is a great way to make your teeth bright and white. This procedure helps you to get rid of the stains actively out from your teeth. There are millions of people who opt for this treatment for whiter teeth.
The entire process is safe and conveniently performed by an expert teeth whitening dentist Canberra or of several other locations. But it really depends on you to maintain the health and whiteness of them post teeth whitening treatment.
There are certain things that are needed to avoid, adopt and change in your existing habits. Let’s take a look at some steps that are crucial for you to maintain healthy, white and bright teeth after the treatment.
There are certain food items that you need to avoid
Your teeth may have got stained in the first place because of the intake of these food items. Now after getting the teeth whitening process done you have gotten rid of it. So if you wish that the results after the procedure lasts longer then you have to avoid the food items that are listed below.
- Tea and Coffee – Now these brews have extremely active staining properties, therefore, avoiding them is absolutely necessary.
- Acidic Foods – Oranges, lemons, or anything that has citrus must be avoided. These sour food items may cause a tendency of weakened enamel.
- Dark-colored sauces – Sauces like soy, red pasta, BBQ, etc must be avoided.
- Aerated drinks and certain Fruit Juices – The list of beverages does not end with tea and coffee only. All aerated drinks must also be avoided along with certain fruit juices like grapes, apples, and more.
- Chocolates – Dark chocolates have high caffeine content in them. This can cause staining, hence, must be avoided.
Some aftercare regime that must be adopted
Now some of these regimes may be followed by you already. There are certainly some extra steps included so that you can prolong the whiteness of your teeth post teeth whitening treatment. This aftercare regime includes –
- Brushing of teeth twice a day
- Flossing is important for the removal of plaques or food residues. Make sure to floss your teeth before going to bed everyday.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with an antibacterial mouthwash at least once daily. This will help you get rid of any bacteria that causes plaque formation.
- Use a teethwhitening toothpaste for brushing your teeth at least once a day.
Go for touch-up treatments
Even if you have got the teeth whitening procedure done that doesn’t mean it will last forever. Yes, depending on the lifestyle you lead and daily dietary habit, the tenure of your treatment results vary.
However, to maintain the whiteness of your teeth post teeth whitening treatment it is better if you opt for touch-up treatment with your dentist. You can go in for such touch-up treatments every six months and continue for at least a period of 2 years.
A touch-up will help you restore the shine if by chance there’s a sign of staining post treatment.
Visiting the Dentist regularly
Last but not the least, the best way to keep your shine longer after the teeth whitening treatment is to go in for regular dental checkups. It is better that the dentist who performed the teeth whitening treatment is the one you go in for regular dental checkups.
This will make the task of examining easier as the dentist already knows your history and understands what works best with you. Make a commitment to visit your dentist on a daily basis even after the teeth whitening treatment.
If you follow the above-listed steps diligently then the results of your teeth whitening treatment will definitely last longer. And will also help you to maintain the overall health of your teeth. The above steps are important to be followed after your treatment of teeth whitening dentist Canberra or in other locations.